Hear Elvis on Ultimate Oldies Radio!
Google

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where Were You When Elvis Died?

There are certain events that happen in life, where you can recall where you were, and what you were doing at the time, regardless of how much time has passed since it happened. For me, such is the case with the Kennedy assasination, 911, and when Elvis died. In fact, I was sitting at home talking on the phone to a girl I was seeing at the time. After spending a good bit of time on the phone charming her in anticipation of seeing her later that evening, she suddenly screamed into the phone, "oh no, Elvis just died". She then said abruptly, "I'll call you right back", and hung up the phone before I could say anything in response. After calling everybody that she could possibly think of to give them the sad news, she finally called me back about two hours later. Oh well, if I had to take a back seat to someone, I guess Elvis wasn't a bad choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home